Saturday, July 30, 2011

Busy times!

It's been too long since I posted here and it hasn't been because of lack of things happening in my life. :) The past while has consisted mainly of chickens (obviously), barn maintenance, yard work, sewing for Naomi's wedding, helping with cleaning and making tortillas at KLBC, and turning 30 which my neighbour didn't let slip by unnoticed. :) So life is crazy but good. I can't complain. :) I'm going to post pictures of some of what I've been up to and hopefully not too long down the road I'll be able to get back to regular blogging.

 After the office flooding incident, I had to go underneath the trailer and put a new waterline in so I would be able to water the garden. Not the funnest job between working in small quarters and the cob webs. It reminded me of Frodo in LOTR getting all wrapped up in the web. lol.

Two trips to the hardware store and then I could finally get started.

After assessing the situation with my neighbour, I figured it would be easiest to "T" off the mainline here.

The faucet is a little lower than the previous one. The copper pipe at the other end is about 1/4" higher so it will drain and help keep it from freezing this winter.

And it worked! :)

Bleeding Heart

Another great year for gardening here.

I had seeded all three flower beds by the house but no flowers came up. :( Just recently Superstore greenhouse had their flowers on a great discount so I was able to fill the whole front for only $25. Adds some nice colour to the yard. :)







No comments: