Saturday, June 12, 2010

Interview from Tammy of tammysrecipes.com

1. How did you first start sewing? (Did your mom teach/help you, did you teach yourself, or...??)

I started to sew when I was around 11. I don’t remember what prompted me to pick a project and start but I did and found myself enjoying it very much and continued on from there. I pretty much taught myself by just following the pattern instructions. For quilting in more recent years I’ve taken a few courses to learn specific quilting techniques.

2. Would you rather be indoors doing inside stuff (cooking, sewing, scrapbooking, etc.) or outdoors (gardening, working with animals, etc.)?

I have hobbies I enjoy both indoors and outdoors but outdoors would be my favourite-going for walks, hiking, camping, gardening, hotdog and marshmallow roasts, playing volleyball, etc. and would love to go hunting. I do have indoor hobbies I enjoy for when the weather isn’t cooperating , during winter, or later in the evenings when it is too dark to do anything outside.

3. What's the best thing about being an aunt? The worst thing?

Seeing how thrilled my nephews get when I make time to play, read, or build something with them. They think you are amazing. : ) It also reminds me of what kind of an impact I can have on them. Can’t think of a worst with being an aunt. : )

4. What are your favorite kinds of gifts to receive?

Homemade gifts are certainly a favourite knowing that someone has put the time, thought, and energy into something specifically for me. Though I also enjoy when someone gives a gift (clothing, treat, etc.) they know I really like.

5. How is your weight loss going? Any special tips or encouragement to share with me along those lines? :)

It has slowed down the past several weeks due to moving and the weather not being conducive to outdoor exercise. :P The sun finally came out today so I was able to finally go for a walk again-yay! As for tips-don’t get discouraged! You can always start again and continue working at it.


If you want to play along:

1 - Leave a comment with your blog URL, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 - I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 - You'll update your blog with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 - You'll include this explanation.
5 - You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read.
I started sewing at a young age but didn't really enjoy it until I was older and in the last few years I've gotten into it and excited about it again.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that!
Yes, outdoors surely does win over indoors; especially after 6 months of winter like weather....

Naomi T. said...

Do I leave a comment here? Or go to Tammy's?

If here, I think it would be fun to be interviewed. :) Plus, you would probably ask some very interesting questions. Lol. :) :)

www.treasuriesofjoy.blogspot.com